Prime Day has always been big for Envision Horizons but this year has been our best yet. We’re recapping our agency’s Prime Day 2022 results, and sharing general Amazon stats for Prime Day 2022 as a whole.
Envision Horizons’ Key Prime Day 2022 Results (July 12-13th vs July 5th-6th)
- Sales Growth +410% from last week
- Units Sold Growth +484% from last week
- Ad Spend Growth +383% from last week
- Ad Sales Growth +357% from last week
- Average ACOS = 38.34%,
- ACOS Percent Change was -34% lower than last week
- Ad Impressions Growth +290% from last week
- CPC Change +36% Increase from last week
- CTR Change -12% Decrease from last week
- NTB Orders Growth +493% from last week
Our Thoughts on Why Prime Day 2022 Exceeded Expectations…
Our agency’s Prime Day sales grew 109.51% from last year. We have a few theories about why Prime Day exceeded our expectations as an agency, and why Prime Day exceeded expectations for Amazon as a whole…
1. Last year a lot of brands opted out of Prime Day or did less aggressive discounts due to supply chain issues and concerns. Based on our client portfolio a lot of supply chain issues have been resolved and therefore we had stronger participation this year than last. Over 80% of our brands offered deals specific to Prime Day.
2. Inflation is a huge influencer in customers’ desire to find better pricing, especially since CPI increased another 9.1% in the month of June. We theorize that consumers recognize prices will continue to go up and they were proactive in purchasing products that were on sale.
3. Prime Day returned to its normal time of year and customers knew it was happening. Across social channels, there was a lot of hype up and sneak peeks of deals to get consumers excited. Additionally, Amazon implemented more pre-Prime day initiatives such as the Prime Day stamp card, which allowed members to earn credits before Prime Day.
4. Affiliate marketing and influencers driving deal awareness for Amazon and individual brands. More and more publications are using Prime Day as an additional revenue source through their affiliate marketing. We even noticed prestige publications like Vogue were running promoted content featuring Prime Day Deals.
There were a lot of people and publications saying that Prime Day this year was going to be a bust, but we have the stats to prove otherwise.
More from Envision Horizons
Prime Day Recap on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/laurac…
Check out our post on preparing for Prime Day 2.0 this fall.
Interested in learning more about Envision Horizons’ full-service account management? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an introductory call with us and see if you qualify for a complimentary audit. https://www.envisionhorizons.com/
Analyze Your Prime Day Performance with myHorizons
Interested in learning more about our Amazon brand management platform, myHorizons? Visit our website: https://www.envisionhorizons.com/myho... If you would like a personal demo of myHorizons, please reach out to email@example.com.