Anyone can have a great product, but that doesn’t mean it will automatically sell on Amazon. A killer product needs a killer Amazon product detail page to go with it! Here are Envision Horizon’s best practices for creating an amazing product detail page.
Having High-Quality Images
Having awesome high-quality images can help increase click-through rates and conversion rates. You can have up to 9 images, however only 7 will show up without the customer having to click +2 to see the remaining 2, so this is important to keep in mind.
Meeting Image Requirements
Amazon has strict guidelines and if you don’t follow them, your listing will not be active. Here are a couple of image requirements to keep in mind:
- The main image must have a pure white background
- The main image should just be of the actual product
- The image should take up over 85% of the frame
Making Your Images Stand Out
Now that you know the basics, here is what you can do to go above and beyond with your product detail page images.
- Show the product in use: Provide an image of the product in use. Have the person using the product be your demographic. For example, if you are selling baby bottles, have an image of a baby using the product.
- Show multiple angles of the product:
- Product packaging: If your product has amazing packaging, show it off! Really show the customer everything they are getting with their purchase.
- Infographics: Create infographic images that provide more context about the product. You should utilize infographics to really highlight the benefits of your product. Use infographics to highlight any awards or certifications your product has.
- A/B Tests: A/B tests for images help show which image or order of images performs better. The length of time for an A/B test depends on the product category and sales velocity of the product.
Including a video on your product page can increase conversion rates by 80%. If you are Brand Registered, you can feature a video of your product in the image carousel. This video can be informational or simply a gif. The main restriction is you cannot promote your own website.
Optimizing Title and Key Product Features
Of course, the title and key product features (or bullet points) are important for SEO purposes and getting your product onto the first page, but sellers often forget that they help the customer make their purchase decisions. The key product features should make sense grammatically while incorporating as many relevant keywords as possible. For each key product feature, capitalize the first word or two. These capitalized words should summarize what is to come in the following sentences. Make sure one of your bullet points touches on your customer service and return policy.
Pricing, Promotions, and Prime
Your product price is a large part of the product detail page. You want to make sure that your pricing is in line with your competitors. If it is not, you have to convey the value and quality of your product over your competitors through your imagery and copy. You can use the “sale price” feature on seller central to have an original price that is crossed out showing your sale price on the page.
Your product page can also be improved with the prime badge. Over half of Amazon shoppers are Prime members and Prime members spend twice as much as non-prime members. Whether you do Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) or Seller Fulfilled Prime, having this prime badge is crucial.
Lastly, another great addition to your product detail page is a promotion or coupon. Coupons can be seen when customers are browsing through the search results and on the product detail page. Promotions can be discount codes or discounts that are automatically applied. Promotions are located below the fold on the product detail page.
Enhanced Brand Content
Enhanced Brand Content is currently available to Brand Registered sellers. Enhanced Brand Content replaces the description section on a product detail page with images and a more detailed product description. Brands use EBC to tell the brand story and to provide more details about the product in an easy to read and visually pleasing way. Amazon has templates you can use or you can create your own custom template. Envision Horizons recommends creating images with your brand’s font and uploading these to the custom template. Enhanced Brand Content can increase conversion rates and decrease the likelihood of returns.
Having an amazing product detail page is crucial. Ensuring you have the right images, an informative video, a descriptive title and key product features, pricing, and enhanced brand content are all key factors for creating the best product detail page possible. So get out there and start optimizing!