Amazon’s policies on review solicitation are complicated, and it can be difficult to get buyers to leave a review after the completion of a sale. However, with the Request a Review button on the Order Details page in Seller Central, Amazon provides sellers with a simple way to ask for reviews and seller feedback. The feature is 100% safe to use, as it is fully compliant with Amazon’s complex policies around review solicitation.
How to Use Amazon’s Request a Review Button
Locating the Button
Log into your Seller Central account. Head over to the Manage Orders page and select the order that you would like to request a review for. Click the order to go to the Order Details page. Once there, in the top right corner, there is a grey Request a Review button. It is located next to the Print Packing Slip and Refund Order buttons.
Image Source: https://www.webretailer.com
Clicking the Button
Pressing the Request a Review button triggers an email to the buyer for your order. The automated message asks the buyer to leave a product review and/or seller feedback. This message will be translated automatically into the buyer’s chosen language.
What You Need to Know
- If you want to use the Request a Review button, it has to be 5 to 30 days after the order was delivered.
- You cannot send a second request for the same order
- After the initial message has been sent through the Request a Review button, you can’t send a follow-up message to the same customer. However, if you do not use the button, you can still ask for feedback and reviews through Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging Service.
- You cannot customize the message that is sent to the buyer
- Buyers are unable to reply to the message. There is no option in the message to contact the seller or otherwise ask for help with the product or order.
- Amazon automatically avoids sending requests to buyers who have already left feedback or reviews, buyers who have not yet received their order, and buyers who have opted-out.
What Does the Email Look Like?
The email message is sent directly from Amazon’s email address to the buyer. However, the message wording makes it clear that the request for a product review and seller feedback is coming from the seller.
The message is very simple, and includes…
- Seller name
- Product name
- Product image
- Clickable stars to rate the product
- Clickable stars to rate the seller
Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging Service
The Request a Review button is 100% Amazon compliant by design. There is no risk of sending content that is not allowed by Amazon or incurring a buyer-seller messaging restriction. Although the message in Seller Central recommends requesting Amazon ratings with this method, asking for reviews through the Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging service is still allowed. However, it is very important to understand and adhere to Amazon’s Communication Guidelines when communicating with buyers.
Automating the Process: myHorizons
For brands with high volumes of orders, the process of individually requesting reviews is not efficient. At Envision Horizons, our in-house technology does this for you! Our myHorizons software includes a functionality to help you fully automate the Amazon Request a Review feature. Just set your parameters once and myHorizons will continuously submit requests to trigger the Request a Review system as your orders become eligible.
As a client of Envision Horizons, you and your team will receive 24-hour access to our proprietary sales and advertising analytics dashboard. Built by our team of talented software developers, myHorizons provides the insights you need to make business decisions with confidence. The functionalities range from advanced reporting to AI-driven advertising optimization algorithms. Fill out the form below to learn more about our technology!