Amazon Brand Registry is a program designed to help brands protect their intellectual property and create a better shopping experience for customers. Brands can register their logos, trademarks, and other key information with Amazon, which helps with quickly and easily identifying counterfeit products and unauthorized sellers. In addition, Brand Registry provides tools that allow brands to manage their product listings, customize the look of their brand pages, and connect with customers through Amazon Brand Stores.
Amazon Brand Registry is currently protecting over 700,000 brands, stating:
“We work hard to be the world’s most customer centric-company, so we’re constantly improving the ways we detect and block counterfeit products.”
Protecting the brand and making sure there are no current frauds or individuals trying to hijack the product listings which could result in a seller missing out on sales revenues. After implementing Amazon’s brand registry, it has been reported that there is a 99% reduction in suspected infringement.
Benefits of Brand Registry
- Greater control over product listings and brand identity on Amazon
- The ability to create a customized brand page on Amazon
- Access to powerful reporting tools to help track brand performance on Amazon
- Increased control over unauthorized sellers/listings
- A+ Content helps businesses showcase their brand story and product features using rich text and images on the Amazon detail page to help drive conversion, and potentially increase traffic and sales.
- Grow your brand awareness with ads that feature your logo, a custom headline, and up to three of your products.
- Promote your brand and products with your own multi-page Store on Amazon for free.
Amazon Brand Analytics
- Access to customer search terms and customer behavior data reports with data that will assist sellers in making informed and strategic decisions.
New Seller Incentives
- Amazon states that “New sellers who enroll in Brand Registry could be eligible for up to $50,000 in bonuses and discounts.”
Enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry
To be eligible for Amazon Brand Registry, your brand must have an active registered trademark in each country where you wish to enroll or have a pending trademark application filed through Amazon IP Accelerator. Brand Registry is also accepting brands that have a trademark pending registration in a subset of trademark offices. Read more on eligibility.
Brand Registry applications must be submitted by the trademark owner or authorized agent.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, sign in using your existing Seller or Vendor Central credentials. Using the same username and password will enable access to Brand Registry features and benefits that are linked to Vendor and Seller services. Or, if you don’t yet have an Amazon account, you can create one for free.
Enroll for Amazon Brand Registry here.
Get Assistance Running Your Amazon Business
If you want assistance running your Amazon business, or are curious about how to reach your full potential selling on Amazon, see if you qualify for a free audit from Envision Horizons.
Also, consider subscribing to a software solution such as myHorizons. Easily stay up to date on your brand’s performance during Prime Day across sales and advertising, and get automated brand management suggestions from our new machine learning tool.
Keep Up With What’s On The Horizon
Let us keep you up to date on all the latest announcements. Stay ahead of the pack by getting informed about what’s new in the marketplace. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for important Amazon updates, expert opinions and advice, and other useful tips. Subscribe Here.